Friday, February 22, 2008

Thing 6, Take 2

OK, so I gave the trading card thing a try. No, not that creative but I did try it. One thought that libraries might do with this is create trading cards for each of their staff members and use it as a way of marketing what I think is an important part of any library - the staff. I can see lots of uses, either fun or serious, with the trading card thing. How about a trading card for different pieces of hardware in the library? What a way to document that old reliable photocopier or that unreliable PC that continually crashes!

Well, will you look at that - a little creative thinking on a late Friday afternoon!

2 comments:

Catablogger said...

Ooooh, I like the idea of using the trading cards for equipment, or maybe services like ILL. I'd only thought about staff or books or maybe a group of patrons, e.g. an activity for teens or SRP.

We may have to do the staff cards though, as I had two kids in yesterday who seriously thought my name was Barb.

Unknown said...

I'm glad I could give you another idea for the trading cards because I had also thought about them as you did.

Although, I'm not sure if you can help the fact that 2 kids thought you were named Barb. Fascinating.