Friday, February 1, 2008

RSS Feeds (Thing 3)

I've actually been using various RSS feed readers for awhile. I did start with Bloglines but abandoned that when I moved from one job to the next. Then, moved on to NewsGator, which as a member of the Special Libraries Association, you have access to as part of your membership. Now, I'm using Google Reader.

OK, these 3 sentences aren't really that interesting by themselves but here's what I see happening in them: I forget that I already started using a feed reader and start using another. Which leads me to my biggest challenge with an RSS feed reader: I have to remember to actually open the thing up and read it!

I'm going to work on it and see if I can't figure out a way to keep up with my RSS feed reading (plus I may even try and find my accounts on Bloglines & NewsGator.) If you've got ideas, please let me know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm a librarian and stumbled upon your post. If you are into RSS feeds, then one tool I'd highly recommend is Feedity ( http://www.feedity.com ) that let's you create custom RSS feeds from all those websites and webpages which do not yet have a RSS feed. Its really smart and fast too! Chao :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to check it out and especially look at the custom RSS feed creation.