Thursday, February 28, 2008

Are you the health inspector?

This is the question I was asked this week when I visited one of the newest SELCO online member libraries. I guess the young man (I think he was in 2nd or 3rd grade) figured that a man wearing a tie and taking pictures was obviously inspecting something and taking pictures as evidence. The librarian explained that I was not the health inspector but the Assistant Director for SELCO. That seemed to satisfy his curiosity.

Health inspector. Well, that certainly was a first for this librarian and provided quite a chuckle. Of course, it makes me wonder if I dress like a health inspector. Maybe there's some health inspector attire that I've purchased and not even known about. Maybe it's a sign that I am to become a health inspector.

I think I'll just make the assumption that this was one of those opportunities to add to my list of funny stories to share at the appropriate moment.

No comments: