Monday, June 9, 2014

Thing 2 - Mobile Device Tips (23 Mobile Things program)

I will be the first to admit I haven't utilize each and every device option available to me.  However, I do keep investigating and find new things.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone and utilizing some of the tips list, I found a few that to my liking.

I don't know why I did see this before, but you can enable voice commands for your camera on the Samsung Galaxy S4.  By turning these on, I can now say "Cheese" and it will take a picture.  You can also utilize "Record Video" to start the video going.

I'm also a big fan of the Air Gesture options.  On the S4, when you receive a call, you get this odd set of circles on the screen that you have to "swipe" either to the left or right (more of a "up & to the left" or "up & to the right") to answer a call.  Sometimes this isn't so good.  Another option is to enable the air gestures which allow you to wave your hand either to the left to reject a phone call or right to answer a phone call.

I do have an iPad and will take a look at the tips there.  We also have a Galaxy Note tablet at home so more to explore there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really? This air gesture thing sounds fascinating. Huh.