Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The challenge of Twitter

As can be seen, I have added my Twitter updates to this blog. In the 23 Things on a Stick program that I'm participating in, Twitter is an optional challenge for Thing 7. I know several folks who are using Twitter here in the SELCO office so they've encouraged me to give it a try. I have and I actually kind of like it. It is easy to setup and use and doesn't require any special software except, of course, an Internet connection.

At first I thought, who the helk cares what I'm doing. I quickly moved passed that phase and really look at it as a great tool for figuring out what I do in a day. If nothing else, it is a small way of motivating me to focus on the work on I do. When I actually put it down in a Tweet (a posting to Twitter) and with the addition of sharing them with friends or colleagues, I feel like I need to keep moving forward so as not to look like a slacker. Of course, nobody may care but it certainly has that power of motivation on me. If you'd like to follow me, I'm at http://twitter.com/mscottmn. Please feel free to invite me to follow you as well!

No comments: